BDS Suspension 6" Coil-Over Suspension System for Dodge Ram 1500 4WD Gas/Eco-Diesel 1/2 Ton Pickup.
Through a collaborative effort between BDS Suspension and Fox Racing, BDS now offers this 4-6" Dodge 1500 4WD suspension system featuring Fox 2.5" coil-over remote reservoir shocks. This system has been rigorously tested to maximize travel and performance on and off the pavement.
This lift kit is based around two one-piece, 1/4" laser cut high-clearance crossmembers and replacement steering knuckles. The high-clearance crossmembers increase ground clearance for off road performance and on road appeal.
The replacement steering knuckles make for a clean installation as well as maintain proper steering angles and ball joint angles. A differential skid plate is included for off road protection.
The system also includes bump stop drops, anti-sway bar links, 3 point differential drop system, strut relocation brackets, and front stainless steel brake lines.
Nothing complements this BDS Suspension better than the race proven design of Fox 2.5" remote reservoir coil-over front shocks. These have been specifically engineered to fit the BDS Suspension system and feature an external reservoir for increased oil cooling capacity and nitrogen volume for a more consistent and comfortable ride. These have also been pre-set by BDS to 6" of lift for an easy installation, but can be adjusted down to 4" or fined tuned anywhere in between to your liking.
BDS allows you to customize your desired stance by offering 2" rear coil spacers or 3" and 5" Pro-Ridecoils that are capable of being smashed totally flat and will come back to normal ride height. The rear for this Dodge Ram lift kit is completed with a track bar bracket, upper link relocation brackets, and sway bar links.
BDS by Fox 2.0 series rear gas shocks come standard to match the front 2.5" Fox Coil-overs.
"I've had your 6" coilover system on my 14 ram half ton for a year. In the past two days I logged 3150 miles from Alaska through Canada and back. To completely test the suspension system, the truck traveled at 70 mph over all terrains encountered. Traveling throughout the US, the alaska highway is the most brutal testing ground. Your suspension system exceeds all expectations. Ride quality was at 100 % throughout trip. - Jarrod P (Alaska)
- Tire & Wheel Combinations
- 37" x 12.50" w/17 x 9 and 4-1/2" back spacing
- 37" x 12.50" w/18 or 20 x 9 and 5" back spacing
*Trimming may be required*
Important Kit Notes
- 1. These trucks vary from 1"-3" tail high from the factory. Be sure to measure your vehicle before ordering. The
- 022209, 022309, and 022509 can all be substituted to achieve the desired stance.
- 2. Rack & Pinion steering system is extremely sensitive to any out of round or out of balance tire/wheel combination.
- The larger the tire the less the backspacing, the more sensitive the system, causing minor steering wheel shimmy.
- 3. Not recommended for AWD models.
- 4. Stock 17" and 18" wheels can not be re-installed. Stock 20" can be reinstalled with factory tire.
- 5. TRX models will achieve approximately 1" of additional lift. This lift is not recommended for use on the TRX
- models due to possible CV shaft vibration caused by the additional lift. Instead, consider our 4" lift system
- for 5" of lift or replace the TRX struts with standard struts for use with this system.
- 6. Will not fit adjustable air suspension equipped models.
- 7. This kit is FMVSS No.126 Compliant
- The NHTSA's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.126 requires all new passenger vehicles to include Electronic Stability Control (ESC) systems that meet certain standards that can be tested through a comprehensive series of evasive maneuvers. Aftermarket products must meet these standards as well.
- BDS Suspension is leading the industry by independently testing all suspension kits to verify our kits are fully compliant with the stability control system requirements set by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 126.